TOP 10 NUTRITION MISTAKES MADE BY ACTIVE PEOPLE
While exercise is an important component of any wellness program, it's only part of the equation. What you eat, how much you eat and when you eat it are critical to overall health, and especially important to get the most out of any fitness regimen.
1. EATING TOO MUCH PROTEIN AND NOT ENOUGH CARBOHYDRATES. Our muscles' endurance and performance comes from the glycogen in carbohydrates.
2. SKIPPING BREAKFAST.
3. NOT EATING BEFORE A WORKOUT
4. WAITING TOO LONG AFTER EXERCISE TO EAT. For optimal recovery, it's best to eat 30 minutes to two hours after exercise.
5. REPLACING MEALS WITH ENERGY BARS OR REPLACEMENT DRINKS. Reach for real food first.
6. TRUSTING THE ACCURACY OF DIETARY SUPPLEMENT LABELS AND CLAIMS. "The FDA doesn't regulate any of the supplements so it's the Wild West out there in health food stores. "
7. NOT CONSUMING THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF CALORIES FOR THE AMOUNT OF ACTIVITY YOU DO. Your calorie intake should be sufficient to support your active lifestyle, but not so abundant that weight control becomes a challenge.
8. BELIEVING THAT EXERCISE MEANS YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT.
9. NOT DRINKING THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF FLUIDS. Dehydration can be a serious problem, especially during warm humid weather.
10. JUMPING ON THE LATEST DIET CRAZE IN SEARCH OF THAT ELUSIVE "EDGE."
Read about it here.